Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bacony Goodness

HOLIDAY BACON APPETIZERS.

Granted this is a recipe we are not going to make very often. Since it's New Year's Day and school and work vacation is almost over I thought I'd give the men a little treat. I'm glad there was no nutritional information that went along with this recipe. I can only imagine! When I saw these on Pioneer Woman Cooks I knew that I had to make it for the bacon fiends that I live with. Club Crackers, cheese and bacon. That's the ingredients list folks. It doesn't get much simpler than this.


Lay your crackers out on a pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Cut a pound of bacon in half. Wrap each cracker in one slice of the bacon, making sure you cover the cracker up as much as you possibly can. Lay them on a baking rack. Place the rack on a pan (I covered mine with tin foil so I wouldn't have to clean up a greasy mess). Pop them into the oven at 250 for 2 hours. I was surprised at the small amount of grease that came out as they cooked. I guess the crackers soaked it all up....yum.


When my kids saw these come out of the oven they both immediately turned into Homer Simpson like creatures, drooling "BACON GOOD!".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I saw these on Pioneer Woman (I think Slashfood linked to them) and they are on my "must try" list. I'm glad you tried them for me. Now they're on my "must must try" list!

jackiecat

P.S. I'm going back and reading your older posts. I'm still enjoying them!