Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thick & Chewy Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies

I scribbled this recipe down a few months ago. I don't remember where I found it exactly, but I do remember that it was from a magazine and that the copy at machine at work was down, which forced me to copy it by hand and that it was during lunch, cause I can still see the dried remnants of hummus on the paper.

They make some really big cookies, which of course is a very good thing. I'm getting into full swing for Mothers Day so I decided to throw these together for my kids and nephew who I know won't like the dessert I'm making. I do know they will love these.

Thick & Chewy Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/8 cups AP flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoon's unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar (I used light)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 - 2 cups chocolate chunks (I used about 1 1/2 cups)

Heat oven to 325. Put one oven rack on the upper middle and one on the lower middle. Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.

With a mixer, mix butter and sugars until blended. Mix in egg, yolk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in chips.

Bake reversing cookie sheet positions half way through. Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden but the centers are still soft and puffy, 15 - 18 minutes. This dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month. If using frozen dough, increase baking time by 1 - 2 minutes. Cool cookies on cookie sheet. Store in air tight container.

I have already threatened to slap the little hands that have been trying to steal cookies. It's not often I make them wait for a treat, but tomorrow's Mother Day so they have to do what I say cause my rule is Mother's Day is a weekend event and what I say goes. So there.
Okay, okay so I caved in and let them have one cookie.....just one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

With a name like this, we're all over it! These are exactly the type that we like...thick....chewy....ooey...and goeey good!

karlene said...

just made these cookies tonight, they were super tasty, thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

how many cookies does this make ?

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! made about 30 cookies for me. They were good sized ones too. Next time I'm going to throw some white chips in there too!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo GOOD! Made these for my coworkers and they LOVED them! I work with a bunch of guys and they are always looking to cure a sweet tooth, so these were like a GOD SEND for them. THANKS FOR THE RECIPE it has definitely ranked among my favorites! =)