Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pepperoni Pinwheels

I found these little scraps of paper way in the back of one of my folders over the weekend. I pieced together the scraps and there was a recipe...Pepperoni Pinwheels. They were super easy to make and the boys thought they were a great snack. They were eaten up in 3 minutes. I'm not kiddin'. From plate to hungry mouths - 3 minutes - gone!

Evan declared them...."pizzery good"

Pepperoni Pinwheels
Printable recipe
1/2 cup diced pepperoni
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 egg, separated
1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

In a bowl combine the pepperoni, cheese (I ran out of mozzarella, so I use 1/2 cheddar), oregano and egg yolk. I added in some fresh chopped parsley too. In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy; set aside. Separate the crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations.

Spread the pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within a 1/4 inch of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the short side, pinch seams to seal. Cut into 6 slices. I couldn't get 6 slices out of these, I got 5 at the most.

Place cut side down on greased baking sheet (I used parchment). Brush tops with egg white. Bake at 375 for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds perfect! I'm sure the kids loved it too.

Poetic Painter said...

Those look good!

Blue Yonder said...

Oh how I wish I had some right now!