Saturday, August 16, 2008

Garlic & Lime Sweet Potatoes

This is my entry for the Potato Ho-Down. If you want to check out some yummy potato recipes check out Evil Chef Mom's blog in the next few days. It will fulfill all your spudtastic fantasies.

I know....garlic and lime with sweet potatoes?? Sounds kinda interesting huh? I was hesitant to make this recipe because I knew I would be the only one in the house to eat it. No one likes sweet potatoes but me. It's right up there with eggplant in terms of yuckiness for the rest of my family. My mom and I usually split some kind of a sweet potato dish on Thanksgiving. She shares my love of the orange spud. I will share this her.


Garlic and Lime Sweet Potatoes
Printable recipe
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise & cut into ½ inch pieces
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro

In a saucepan over high heat brings the sweet potatoes and enough salted water to cover them to a boil. Cook 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and transfer to bowl.

In a skillet over medium heat cook the garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon of lime zest and 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Add salt and pepper if you’d like. Pour garlic mixture over the cooked potatoes and toss until coated.


The lime and cilantro give the potatoes a nice zing. You can eat his dish hot or cold. I prefer to chill it and eat it like a cold sweet potato salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spudtastic...I love that! Thanks for the FAB-ulous entry, it sounds divine!