Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pizza Bites


I came across a really great blog called Chaos in the Kitchen this past week. My mother-in-law and I were sitting in front of the computer screen almost drooling over all the terrific looking recipes on Katie's site.

This recipe found here looked particularly scrumptious. I knew I was going to be making it the minute I saw it, and I did.

It's so easy to put together and it makes three, yup I said three, pie plates full of deliciousness. I skipped the recipe for the pizza dough this time around and bought two 2 pound bags of fresh dough. I used about 3 pounds of dough. Next time I'm going to try this with home made dough.

This is how I made them:

I cut off walnut sized pieces of the dough, then just rounded them off in my hand.


Then I flattened the dough a bit...


and stuffed in about 2 pieces of cut up pepperoni and a good chunk of mozzarella.


Then I pinched the dough back over the filling. So easy!



I laid them seam side down in a greased pie dish.



Then brushed them with the olive oil and herb mixture and then sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese.



I really liked that it made 3 plates full.
I cooked 2 and put 1 in the fridge
(1 will never be enough!).

Some pans had 16 in them, some 18....I just kinda filled them and didn't count until the end. Hey - it worked out just fine.


I baked them for 20 minutes. Let them rest 5 minutes then called the boys in to snack.

I heated up 2 bowls of marina sauce for dipping and let the grazing begin.

These were wonderful. I'm glad I increased the amount of pepperoni, cause the only complaint I heard was "Mom next time put more pepperoni".

These would be great make ahead appetizers to bring to a party.


Conclusion in my house:

"Make these again Mom"

I'm just waiting for them to ask me to cook the third pan.

Thanks Katie! This one's a keeper!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks Lisa! You made my day. I am so glad everybody liked them. When I make extras I buy the disposable pie pans so I am not storing all of my good pie pans in the freezer. Great photos! Looks so good, I think I am going to have to make some more this week...

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Mmmmm. I've left a surprise for you at my blog!

Anonymous said...

I saw these on katie's site too, they do look great. I'm afraid to make them becuase I will eat them all!

Doreen Frost said...

OOO..they look great. I'm going to have to give these a try and check out Katie's blog.

:)Doreen

krysta said...

between these and the stuffing balls... i can't choose.. they both look awfully good.

Laura said...

Yummy. Can't wait to ty those!

Sandra :) said...

This recipe is definitely a keeper - I made these today and had to get my butt out of the kitchen so I'd stop nibbling - they are DELICIOUS! I used premade pizza dough from the bakery - it worked great. I have 18 and 20 year old sons - you can imagine how many times these will get made now that we've dipped our feet :)