Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh I'm a busy girl.

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity.

Down came the fall decorations.
I was sorry to see them go. I love autumn.

Out came the Christmas decorations.

Man, do I have a lot of Christmas decorations. So much in fact, that I've decided that I really need to simplify things a bit. Last year I gave a big box of decorations to the cafeteria where I work. They decorate every year. It's kinda neat to go down to grab a bowl of soup and see some of my stuff out on display.

This year I'm pairing down even more. I'm just taking out the things I really love and cherish. Things that make me smile when I look at them.

I've also been doing lots and lots of crafting.

I've been making some of these....

Crafting

and using lots of these....

Crafting1

and getting my hands dirty with buckets of this....

Crafting2


I'll show you the finished project when it's done.

All I can say is, the word adorable will immediately spring unto your lips when you see the finished goods!

I've got glitter, glue and paint to scrape off my hands.

Happy Monday!

(I took the day off so I could try and finish things up, wish me luck!)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

my guess is a snowman!~~the white stuff for the body, the raisins for eyes, the carrots for the nose...

TKW said...

Those carrots are so cool! I cannot wait to see what you create! I am sooooooo not crafty.

Amy J in SC said...

I'm downsizing the Christmas decor this year too AND my children are getting old enough for them to help out a lot with the decorating which is extra nice.

Can't wait to see what you're up too - looks cute!

Anonymous said...

very cool that you still get to see your discarded decorations.

is it just me or did autumn just pass by in a blink?

cannot wait to see your finished product, looks like the mess will be worth it.