Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sweets & Treats

Well these compilation posts will certaintly help me out when I ever get around to posting a recipe index.

Here's the sweet treats post.

It's not all of 'em. No far from it my friends. I really didn't include too many cakes, I just tried to concentrate on cookies with just a few of my absolute favorite cakes thrown in.

I never realized that I made so many different cookies until I starting looking! Wow! Adding pics to them all is just going to be impossible for me right now. I'm really trying to keep my holiday stress to a minimum. John and I took a few days off this week to tie up all the loose ends and finish up our homemade gifts (which really came out wonderful, sneek peek coming up!)For years I let the stress and "to-do" lists get to me this time of year, and I found I really wasn't enjoying the holidays, just stressing out and usually getting sick. Last year I made an effort to really simply things, and guess what? It worked! I start on homemade gifts early, and put the finishing touches on them the first few weeks in December (so I'm in the spirit). I just can't get into making candy canes and snowmen in July. The next few weeks I'll be cooking and baking, spending time with my family and friends, and enjoying some time off with the boys.


I really recommend a stress-free holiday to everyone.

Makes you very merry, lol.

The links are there, so if it sounds good, click away.

I hope that you find some goodies to grace your holiday table.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

What to do with leftover dough scraps
Cause you know you're gonna have some.

Butter Pecan Cookies with Maple Frosting

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
The kids LOVE this.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake TS

Raisinette Cookies

Oat Nanner Clusters

Trail Mix Freezer Cookies

Trail Mix Cookies

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars

Chocolate Sheet Cake
The best sheet cake you will ever make. Feeds a big crowd too!

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Squares
Tastes like decdant cheese danish, only better (and it's easy to make!)

Oreo Truffles

Madeleines
Oh how I love them.

Madeleines dusted

Portable Chocolate Snack Cake
This could go over the river and through the woods and back again without a problem.

Coconut Crunch Cookies

Gingerbread Snacking Cake

Homemade Marshmallows
Those puff balls in a bag got nuttin' on these babies.

marshmallows

Gram's Quick Dessert Cake

Chocolate Snowdrops

Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies
One of my absolute favorites.
The first ones to get gobbled up on the cookie tray.

Double_Chocolate_Esporesso_Plate

Nutella Hazelnut Biscotti

Butter Crunch Cookies

No Peel Apple Cake

Easy Apple Cake

Outrageous Chocolate Cookies

choc

Soft Molasses Cookies
One of my most popular cookies.

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate - in triplicate. Need I say more?

Muddy Buddies

Whoopie Pies

Mom's Almond Slices
So, so good.

Moms ALmond

Black Bottom Coconut Bars
One of my husbands favorites.

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
My youngest bows at my feet when I make these.

Devil Dog Cake
My Pa's favorite cake. Everytime I make it I tear up. Yup, I'm that much of a mush.

Devil dog


9 comments:

Jessica said...

That chocolate chip cookie cake looks amazing!

TKW said...

The cakes and cookies look and sound amazing...but you had me at "butter pecan cookies"...I need to make those!

Doreen Frost said...

Good gracious this is great Lisa!!! I want to try it all.but..the marshmallow's and the devil dog cake are on the top of the list!!!

:)Doreen

June said...

You are so lovely to share this at this moment...I've been looking for a replacement for my chocolate Christmas cookie. And HERE it is! Double chocolate espresso! Cannot wait!

Thank you, dear one! Will be thinking of you as I bake cookies with the chicken wranglers. Today we did sugar and gingerbread cookies. Such fun!

And I've always wanted to try marshmallows...hmmm.

Emily said...

I accidentally left a comment under the Devil Dog Cake post.

I wanted you to know that I just found your site the other day and I've read through all your archives. You're very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your joy and enthusiasm with the world.

Emily said...

oh, one more thing. If you are as much of a chocoholic as I am, you should check out "Chocolate Epiphany" by Francois Payard. It's absolutely amazing. The flourless chocolate cookies are to die for. They are very fudgy inside with a meringue-like outide.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thanks Emily. Glad you stopped by and I will check out that book. We chocoholics must stick together, lol.

Pam said...

Lots of goodies here - the chocolate espresso cookies sound delicious.

Thanks again for a terrific beef and barley soup recipe, I loved it.

Anonymous said...

now this just pushes pushes one over the edge, Lisa!

too many goodies in one spot.

we are expecting lots and lots of snow this weekend, and I am stocked up for lots and lots of baking.

Have a very, merry fantastic, beautiful Christmas!!