Monday, March 22, 2010

Crustless Pepperoni Pizza

Crustless Pizza in dish

My kids love pizza.

Love it.

Me - meh, not so much. Don't get me wrong, I like pizza. I mean I can appreciate a great slice, but I'm not one of those pizza nuts. My Gram and Mom made pizzas all the time. All the kids I hung around with in high school always wanted to come to my house cause of the pizza (and maybe because we had a ping pong table and a pool table too). We always had a cellar full of teenagers. I remember my Gram going up and down the stairs bringing trays of pizza to feed us all. Yup my house was pretty popular back in the day.

If a recipe has the word pizza in it, or is "pizza-like" in anyway, the boys are stoked. So when I came across this recipe at Jenny Mac's Lip Smack, I knew the boys would love it.

To me this is like a breakfast pizza. It reminds me of a quiche, but not quite. I changed it up just a bit and it really was terrific. The whole thing was gone in about 15 minutes. I did use fat-free evaporated milk and it still tasted great.

This is now on the breakfast menu at our house.

Crustless Pepperoni Pizza
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces slicked turkey pepperoni
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Sauce for topping or dipping

Crustless Pizza

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x9 baking dish or pie pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and half the pepperoni into pan. Whisk together the eggs, flour, seasonings and garlic. Pour over cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and carefully lay the remaining pepperoni on top of the cheese. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.

Crustless Pizza

Pizza for breakfast? Yes you can! This crustless pizza tastes ...

See Crustless Pizza on Key Ingredient.

6 comments:

Jessica @ How Sweet said...

I love this idea - have never tried it but I am seriously thinking of making it for dinner tonight for my hub!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Hmm. Pizza. Cheese. Breakfast. Check! We'll do this one.
D

Shar said...

omgosh im totaly trying this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleen Gilbert said...

Lisa,

I remember being down your basement and playing pool. That was so much fun. We used have so many treats that your Grandmother and Mother made for us. We were spoiled.

Lisa said...

Kathy we did have some good time in that basement and lots of pizza and cookies.

Jenny Saunders said...

Dang....I am so behind in reviewing my reader that you posted about me...YAY! Thanks Lisa. Wasn't it just delish? Thanks for the shout out...