Friday, March 5, 2010

Ranch Mac & Cheese

Ranch Mac Cheese

I'm not a ranch lover.

You will never see me reach for the ranch dressing, or the ranch flavored chips or dip. I'm more of a sour cream and onion type of girl.

My kids on the other hand are ranch lovers so when I saw this recipe for Ranch Mac and Cheese I knew it would be a something they would love.

Before your go imagining that a bottle of ranch dressing in poured into macaroni, let me assure you that is not the case. The ranch comes from a package of dry ranch dressing mix.

I had a few bites. It was tangy and very flavorful but just not my kinda thing. John and the kids loved it. I'm sure any ranch lovers that you may have in your house would love it too.


Ranch Mac Cheese CU

Ranch Mac & Cheese

Printable recipe

1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
1 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup crushed saltines
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.

Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.

Ranch Mac Cheese SS

8 comments:

Rosy said...

I'm right there with you on the whole ranch flavor but kudos for an original take on Mac N Chz. My first visit to your site and I must say I love the blog header!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, now this sounds like my sort of mac n cheese!!

Lyndas recipe box said...

I like ranch, but don't use it much....it sounds interesting in mac and cheese and your photo is gorgeous! Makes me want to devour the whole bowl!

Unknown said...

I am intrigued and will have to try this. It looks very simple. I'm also thinking shredded chicken would be a yummy addition too.

Sadiedog

sarah said...

This sounds like something I would love.. I like ranch.. I will admit it.. I might even love it. We call it Montana ketchup.

One more thing.. I am sorry that you lost your friend.

Patricia said...

So glad to see this post. I had just wondered to myself last night if you could add ranch to mac and cheese, and then today this popped up! Will definitely give it a try!

White Toast with Butter said...

There's a recipe in this month's Cooking Light - for chicken ranch bacon mac and cheese - and my husband ask me to make it - I make great homemade mac & cheese but I must say this was tremendous!

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1963977

Your recipe looks great too.

Anonymous said...

This is my FAVORITE mac and cheese recipe. I can't tell you how many times I've made it, it's so delicious!!

And btw....I'm making it tonight! :D

Thank you for sharing this recipe!