Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple Sesame Noodles

Sesame Noodles CU

One of the first blogs that I really got hooked on was the Pioneer Woman.

I was new to the whole world of blogging. I was surfing the web, trying to see how it was done when I found PW. Back then she wasn't the mega-blogger-celebrity-author she is now. Yeah she had a boat load more followers then I could ever imagine even back then, but she wasn't quite the queen of blogdom that she is now.

What drew me to her was her no-fuss recipes. Nothing fancy. There was no need to head to the local gourmet shop to find an obscure ingredient. Most of the recipes included stuff I already had in my cupboard. For a working Mom who has to come home every night and try to make something new and delicious to cook, these recipes were just what I was looking for.

I was really happy for her when her cookbook came out. I pre-ordered a copy. I waited in anticipation for it's arrival and it didn't disappoint.

When I want to feed a crowd, when I want comfort food, when I need to make something with just what I have in the pantry, I turn to PW's book.

Sesame Noodles bowl

I'm always happy when I see a new recipe posted on her site. I'm even happier when I see 2 new recipes that I want to make, and that's just what happened last week.

I spotted these sesame noodles and thought they would be the perfect summer side. I made them late in the afternoon and we ate them at room temperature with another PW recipe Portabella Mushroom Burgers (that recipe will be coming up next - man they were good).

Sesame Noodles ECU

I made these with some noodles I picked up at the Asian market. They called them soup noodles. You could use thin spaghetti or linguine or whatever thin noodle you have on hand.

Simple Sesame Noodles

recipe from PW
12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
¼ cups Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons Hot Water
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and toss.

16 comments:

Jess "Klutzy Chef" said...

Oh, this looks delightful. And I think I have all these things in my pantry! Score. I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight. :)

Unknown said...

that sounds really great and easy and I do love easy...LOL!!

TKW said...

Ree ROCKS, doesn't she? I love simple noodle dishes like this!

Lyndas recipe box said...

I saw this recipe too on Ree's blog and thought it looked delish. She does have some good stuff there.
Your noodles look wonderful!

underthebigbluesky said...

I adore PW. Adore her.

My mama loves sesame noodles. She visits here but I will have to remind her.

Melissa said...

I also saw this. But I had no desire to make it until I saw your photos. Beautiful. I can taste them now.

Janet said...

I feel the same way you do about PW. Simple and good is how I describe every recipe of hers that I've tried. I enjoy her blog very much, as I do your blog.

Now I'm off to tell my husband to plant some ornamental oregano for me! It's a must have!

Terri A. said...

That's so funny - those are the exact recipes that I made from her blog in the past week. Both were terrific!

Foodiewife said...

I'm way far behind in reading blogs. So far, I've bookmarked your sour cream pound cake. Now...this. PW was also my inspiration in the world of food blogging. I love her photography, her humor and her easy (mostly comfort) food recipes. Your photography is right up there with her, I hope you know. I'm glad you reminded me of this dish. With fall weather coming up, this one would be an easy work night dinner.

Keeley said...

Oh, this looks SO good! Your pictures are beautiful. I can taste this dish!

I just "found" your blog via Monica at Lick the Bowl Good.

Anonymous said...

Number of servings and nutritional breakdown???

Lish said...

Excellent recipe. I tried it today and it was tasty yet simple. Dont worry if you dont have chili oil. I didnt and it was still yummy

Anonymous said...

Oh my, just ran out to the store to get all the ingredients. It was delish. Thank you for sharring this recipe. Im going to make them alot i think. Went very well with the miso soup i make. Thanks for sharring. Dianne Terrio.

Gallegos Newsletter said...

This looks so yummy and I think this is what we are going to have for dinner tonight....I have been under the weather and this looks delicious! I love the PW and have all her books to include Charley...I have met her twice in person and she is such a charming lady...Thanks for shaing!

Anonymous said...

You should know, I've been looking at these for months on my pinterest page. Laughing at me, haunting even. Well, this morning at 9 am, I gave in. :) I'm all stuffed up and not feeling very well. These sounded like the perfect comfort food. I made these and added extra hot pepper flakes. . . . I have eaten until I cannot move but now I can breathe through my nose. These are fantastic! I will definately be making them again. Thanks for such a great adaptation!

Unknown said...

Cool! Cant wait to make this for the fam! I've been wanting to make my own chinese food for the longest timd. So simple! Thanks! :)

~Cecily