Friday, June 10, 2011

What a week and a winner!!!

Phew, what a week it’s been.

We’ve been dealing with illness. John has pneumonia and a bronchial infection. I have never seen him so sick. I’ve been taking on all my “regular” chores plus his and let me tell you, it’s a lot of work! I haven’t been able to rest my feet until after 9pm most nights and when I finally do sit down, I’m so tired that I just fall asleep.

Work has been just crazy. There was a point during the middle of the week that I just had to get up from my desk and walk away for a bit. Sometimes people are just nasty and crabby for no good reason and I want to slap them upside the head and tell them to be nice cause karma will only come back to kick your ass later on when you least expect it, but I’m in HR so that's out.

Someone (and I’m not naming names) threw a new red towel in with the laundry again and turned everything pink for the 2nd time in a week!! Ugh!

It’s also been hot…Africa hot. That kind of hotness and I don’t mix well.

So that’s all the crappy stuff that’s been going on, but along with the crap, there is always goodness.

My sons really stepped up to the plate and helped me out while Papa was sick. Evan was my official plant waterer and weed puller. I didn’t have to ask either of them twice to pick up their room, set the table, load the dishwasher, take out the trash or clean up after dinner. I think they just knew Mama was at her wits end.

My oldest turned 16. Party planned are on hold till Papa recovers.

Moose is doing great.

The weekend is going to be much cooler.

I will make something delicious again in the kitchen….I promise.

Oh and here’s the winner of the Rick Bayless cookbook.

That’s what you were all waiting for wasn’t it??

SQUIRREL BREAD!

Congrats! Please contact me with your address so I can get this book out to you ASAP!


Thanks for all the entries folks. Coming back here and checking out all your comments brightened my bleak week!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, zoinks. That is some serious sickness. I'm a big baby with a mere cold, can't imagine having pneumonia. I haven't had a bad week, but definitely a stressful one and I am exhausted too, thus the absence of my Thursday post (which I'm sure nobody even noticed. HA!)

p.s. my Dad is (was, now retired) in HR too! Who knew...

Unknown said...

oh, that's so hard when so much is going on. i hope everyone & things get better soon! keep your chin up!! susan