Thursday, March 28, 2013

Shrimp & Garlic Orzo with Parmesan

Garlic and Shrimp Orzo1

I'll have a full house for Easter. Everyone crammed into my little kitchen as always.

I've lived at my current residence for over 25 years now and for 25 years I've wanted a new kitchen. Next year (if all goes well) I'll be getting my new kitchen.

I've been saving clippings from magazines and storing ideas up in my head for so long that I can hardly believe it might actually happen. I want to tear down walls, rip up floors and work, work, work for what I've been dreaming about all this time.

I've got everything picked out in my head. We are talking right down to the tiny details. I can tell you what kind of back splash I'll have and what kind of cabinets I want and I can even tell you what the inside of the drawers will look like. I've been planning a long, long time. I'm so ready for this. To be able to cook and bake in a big kitchen without bumping into someone will be wonderful!

So bear with me as I plan my dream kitchen. I might turn to those of you who have been through this before for advice. If you have been through a kitchen re-model and have any advice or tips for me, please let me know. I'm like a big sponge soaking up all that I can.

Ok, on to to orzo!

I don't know what it is about orzo that makes me love it so.

It's one of my favorite pastas. It makes the perfect side dish.

One of my favorite recipes is this Everyday Orzo. I make it for parties all the time and it is always a huge hit. It really is one of my all time favorite go-to recipes and now I found this! I wish I could remember where I found the original recipe, but I can't. I scribbled it down on a piece of paper and didn't remember to scribble down where I found it.

I tweaked it quite a bit from the original, so I suppose it's mine now.


Garlic and Shrimp Orzo 2
Pin It
Shrimp & Garlic Orzo with Parmesan
1 cup orzo
¼ cup butter
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons milk or cream
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Cooked shrimp
Salt & pepper

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo in the boiling water until al dente (usually about 11 minutes). Drain.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook about 5 minutes, or until just browned. Add in cooked orzo, cheese, milk, shrimp and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How delicious! bookmarked and I'm making this on saturday!!
Mary x

Nelson said...

Indeed, a must try recipe shrimp + parmesan are perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to tell уοu, I liked this
blog poѕt. It was helpful. Κeep on posting!



Herе is my blog ρоst - chatroulete