Monday, April 22, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Casserole

Cinnamon Roll Casserole

I have a confession to make. I love the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.

I get giddy every time I whack that tube on the counter to break it open. I always let out a little gasp every time too. Like I don't know that one of those little buns is going to ooze out the side. I know it's coming but it's like a surprise every time.

I love that little plastic container of icing.

I love how the house smells when they are baking.

I love spreading the icing on and watching it melt.

Most of all I love to eat them.

After 6 weeks of practically no sugar, this was the first sugary treat I ate and boy was this good!

Cinnamon Roll Casserole 1

I changed the original recipe up just a bit. I used silvered almonds instead of the suggested walnuts or pecans, and I decreased the amount of maple syrup.

A big ole pan of cinnamon rolls. How great is that?

Pin It

Cinnamon Roll Casserole
adapted from a recipe at Look What Mom Found
2 packages (8 rolls in each) of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
4 eggs
1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream or half and half
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used slivered almonds)
1/4 cup maple syrup

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9 X 13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Open the cinnamon rolls and reserve the icing. Cut each roll into 8 pieces. I found my kitchen shears worked really well here.

Place the pieces of cinnamon rolls in the pan. If you are using nuts, sprinkle them on top now. In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup. Pour evenly over cinnamon roll pieces. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. While rolls are still hot drizzle with included icing. Serve warm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saving this for a special occasion!
Mary x

Jackie said...

This looks amazing, I will be trying this one for sure!

The Better Baker said...

Well, I'll be! I've not ever seen a recipe like this one and I am ALWAYS
looking for recipes like this using canned biscuits. WOW! SO glad you shared.

Bunny said...

As I read your post I had this mental vision of you gasping when the can opened. I love you Lisa !!!! We could be sisters! LOL!!! I love the ones with the orange frosting!!! I don't know anybody that could look at this and not want it in there house NOW! 6 weeks without sugar, good for you sweetie ! After 6 wks I would have run face first into this! LOL!!