Friday, January 2, 2015

Homemade Hot Chocolate! Yes you can!

Hot Chocolate


My youngest son is a hot chocolate fanatic. As soon as there is a nip in the air he's looking for a mug of the stuff. For years I bought the mix in the little bag and he was just fine with is, but as he got older he started looking for something different. We tried some of the upscale hot chocolate, with the upscale price tags and I decided they way he drank the stuff I'd be spending a good chunk of change every week to keep him supplied.

That wasn't going to happen.

So I went looking for recipes. I found a bunch. I experimented. I took a little from each one and BAM.....delicious, easy to make hot chocolate. Better than any gourmet hot chocolate on the market.

We have made 6 batches of the stuff since October. I keep a big jar of it in the pantry with a 1/3 cup measuring cup right in the jar. All they boys do is take a scoop and add it to a cup of hot milk.

I made up a few extra batches, jarred them up and got them all pretty for the UPS driver, the mail lady and the paper boy as little thank you's for them at Christmas. Who doesn't want a mug of delicious, creamy hot chocolate?

Hot Chocolate2

Hot Chocolate
recipe from Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
Printable Recipe
3 cups nonfat dry milk
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
12 ounce bag white chocolate chips

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Working in two batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chips are finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.

For a cup: Stir 1/3 cup unto 1 cup of hot milk.

No comments: