Monday, February 15, 2016

Garlicky Roasted Mushroom - Stuffed mushroom taste without all the fuss!

Garlick Mushrooms 3

I know not everyone is a mushroom lover. You either get a "yum" or a "yuck" from people when you mention mushrooms. I don't think there is too much middle ground when it comes to the fungi.

I love them. I mean I love, love, love them. I pick up at least 2 packages a week and we always use them up.

I especially love baked stuffed mushroom but they do take some time to make. I found this quicker easier way to prepare them and still get that baked stuffed taste without all the fuss. It's a win-win for me!

So if your a mushroom lover quick recipe will fit into your week day meal plan!


Garlick Mushrooms 2

Garlicky Roasted Mushrooms
PRINTABLE RECIPE
16 mushrooms, even sized
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons butter, room temp
1 teaspoon parsley
Juice from half a small lemon (about a teaspoon)
6 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
Salt, pepper


Remove any dirt from the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Cut the stalks off of each mushroom so it is level with the cap.

Preheat the oven to 400. Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap side down, in the oil while the oven heats (about 5 minutes). No need to flip them over, you just want them to cook a bit on the bottom. Remove from pan and transfer to paper towel.

In a bowl mix together the butter, garlic, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Place the mushrooms in an 8x8 baking dish, cap sides down. Top each mushroom with the butter mixture and then sprinkle each one with panko. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.

No comments: