Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Cheesy Cauliflower Bake and other great cauliflower recipes!

Cheesy Cauliflower bake 2

I know if you are watching your carbs like I am you are probably seeing lots and lots of cauliflower recipes.

Luckily for me, I love cauliflower. I can eat it in any way, shape or form, but covered in a delicious cheesy sauce, well you've got me there.

I grate my own cheese now. I don't buy the bags of pre-shredded cheese anymore and I find that not only do I get wayyyy more cheese from a big hunka cheese but I don't get those nasty additives that prevent it from clumping and it's cheaper in the long run. Think about it, there's a reason that the cheese in those bags don't clump and it's not good. So I buy big blocks of cheese from my local warehouse club and I take my cheese grater and I shred my own. It's quick, easy, tastes better and is so much better for you than those bags!

I also don't use any "cream of" soups anymore. Read my post here and see how I make my own SOS (Soup or Sauce) mix that I used in this recipe.

If you love cauliflower like I do you might want to check out my other cauliflower recipes. Just click on the recipe name and it will bring you to the page.

Cauliflower Hash

Cauliflower Hash 1

Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower RI

Breaded Cauliflower

Breaded Cauliflower

My Creamy Veggie Casserole - loaded with cauliflower!

Creamy Veggie Casserole 4

This delicious Cheesy Cauliflower Bake

Cheesy Cauliflower bake

Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
PRINTABLE RECIPE

½ cup finely chopped onion or shallots
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 head of cauliflower (chopped then boiled until cooked) or three 10 oz. pkgs frozen cauliflower, thawed, drained well & coarsely chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup soup or sauce mix or 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
Pinch salt and pepper

Thaw the frozen (or cook the fresh) cauliflower & drain well. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or a 3 quart casserole dish. Add in the ingredients and bake 20 25 minutes or until bubbly and “cauliflower is tender but not mushy!

No comments: